Pivotal Cloud Cache
Warning: Pivotal Cloud Cache v1.7 is no longer supported because it has reached the End of General Support (EOGS) phase as defined by the Support Lifecycle Policy. To stay up to date with the latest software and security updates, upgrade to a supported version.
In this topic:
- Product Snapshot
- PCC and Other PCF Services
- PCC Architecture
- Recommended Usage and Limitations
Pivotal Cloud Cache (PCC) is a high-performance, high-availability caching layer for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). PCC offers an in-memory key-value store. It delivers low-latency responses to a large number of concurrent data access requests.
PCC provides a service broker to create in-memory data clusters on demand. These clusters are dedicated to the PCF space and tuned for specific use cases defined by your service plan. Service operators can create multiple plans to support different use cases.
PCC uses Pivotal GemFire. The Pivotal GemFire API Documentation details the API for client access to data objects within Pivotal GemFire.
This documentation performs the following functions:
- Describes the features and architecture of PCC
- Provides the PCF operator with instructions for installing, configuring, and maintaining PCC
- Provides app developers instructions for choosing a service plan, creating, and deleting PCC service instances
- Provides app developers instructions for binding apps