Updating VMware Tanzu GemFire
Follow the steps below to update plans in Ops Manager.
- Click on the VMware Tanzu GemFire for VMs tile.
- Click on the plan you want to update under the Information section.
- Edit the fields with the changes you want to make to the plan.
- Click Save button on the bottom of the page.
- Click on Ops Manager to navigate to the Installation Dashboard.
- Click Review Pending Changes (see Reviewing Pending Product Changes).
- Click Apply Changes.
Plan changes are not applied to existing services instances until you run the
upgrade-all-service-instances BOSH errand. You must use the BOSH CLI to run this errand. Until you run this errand, developers cannot update service instances.
Changes to fields that can be overridden by optional parameters, for example
new_size_percentage, change the default value of these instance properties, but do not affect existing service instances.
If you change the allowed limits of an optional parameter, for example the maximum number of servers per cluster, existing service instances in violation of the new limits are not modified.
When existing instances are upgraded, all plan changes are applied to them. Upgrades and updates to service instances can cause a rolling restart of VMware Tanzu GemFire servers. Be aware that the rebalancing of data to maintain redundancy may impact the performance of the remainder of the servers within the service instance.
WARNING: Data loss may result from the restart of a cluster. See Restarting a Cluster for the conditions under which data loss occurs.