Metric Store provides a persistent storage layer for metrics sent through the Loggregator subsystem. It is multi-tenant aware (the auth proxy ensures that you only have access to metrics from your apps), easy to query (it is compatible with the PromQL), and has a powerful storage engine (the InfluxDB storage engine has built-in compression and a memory-efficient series index).
- Multi-tenant aware Application Developers have access to their own metrics.
- Ubiquitous Query Language Metric Store is compatible with PromQL and Prometheus API Query endpoints.
- Powerful Storage Engine The InfluxDB storage engine has built-in compression and a memory-efficient series index.
Metric Store offers multi-node deployments, data replication, hinted handoff, and load balancing in a highly-available configuration.
Note: The only officially supported use case for the Metric Store product is as the backing Time Series Database for [App Metrics v2.0](https://docs.pivotal.io/app-metrics/2-0/) & [TAS v2.9+ Apps Manager](https://docs.pivotal.io/platform/application-service/2-9/console/index.html). Use cases outside of these bounds have no guarantee of continued support or availability.
The following table provides version and version-support information about Metric Store.
|Release date||March, 2020|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.6.x, v2.7.x, v2.8.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Application Service version(s)||v2.6.x, v2.7.x, v2.8.x|
|IaaS support||AWS, Azure, GCP, and vSphere|
Metric Store has the following limitations:
- Horizontally scaling Metric Store currently results in data loss. Vertical scaling is recommended at this time.
- Platforms are ever changing and we cannot guarantee metric stability. Using Metric Store through products like App Metrics or Apps Manager will be supported use cases. Using the Metric Store manually through endpoints, the user will need to be aware of changes through Platform upgrades.