This documentation describes Pivotal Healthwatch.
Pivotal Healthwatch is a service for monitoring and alerting on the current health, performance, and capacity of Ops Manager. To help operators understand the operational state of their Ops Manager deployment, Pivotal Healthwatch:
- Stores, visualizes and alerts on metrics from core Ops Manager components, including BOSH-reported VM metrics. The service covers the recommended Key Performance Indicators and Key Scaling Indicators for a given version of Ops Manager.
- Executes health checks as continuous validation tests and creates super metrics. The service stores, displays, and forwards this data into the Loggregator for external consumption by existing customer solutions. For more information, see Pivotal Healthwatch Metrics and Access Super Metrics Through the Loggregator Firehose.
Pivotal Healthwatch stores all data points for 25 hours and then prunes them. Any active alerts that are pruned reissue an alert every 24 hours if the related metrics are not yet recovered to a normal state.
The following table provides version and version-support information about Pivotal Healthwatch.
|Release date||March 11, 2020|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.10.x, v2.9.x, v2.8.x and v2.7.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Application Service version(s)||v2.10.x, v2.9.x, v2.8.x and v2.7.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Cloud Foundry Event Alerts version(s)||v1.2.x|
|IaaS support||AWS, Azure, GCP, and vSphere|
|Browser support||Latest Major Versions of Google Chrome and Firefox|
- Pivotal Healthwatch is intended to monitor only the Ops Manager foundation it is installed on.
- Pivotal Healthwatch Architecture
- Installing and Configuring Pivotal Healthwatch
- Using Pivotal Healthwatch
- Pivotal Healthwatch Resources
- Pivotal Healthwatch Metrics
- Monitoring Pivotal Healthwatch
- Troubleshooting Pivotal Healthwatch
- Updating Alert Configurations
- Updating Free Chunk Configurations
- Release Notes and Known Issues