Cloud Service Broker for AWS
Page last updated:
This documentation describes the Tanzu Cloud Service Broker for AWS.
The Tanzu Cloud Service Broker for AWS enables platform operators to easily expose services to their developers from any public cloud with a Terraform provider. Cloud Service Broker for AWS is thoroughly extensible, and can expose new services or public clouds through the use of custom brokerpaks. The Tanzu Cloud Service Broker for AWS tile released on VMware Tanzu Network currently supports AWS and Azure. For the Azure version, go to Tanzu Cloud Service Broker for Azure.
Cloud Service Broker for AWS includes the following key features:
- Easily extensible and maintainable: Cloud Service Broker for AWS uses brokerpaks to expose services. If your target public cloud has a Terraform provider, you can provision services through a common interface using standard Cloud Foundry CLI (cf CLI) commands. For more information about brokerpaks, see Brokerpak in GitHub and the Terraform documentation.
- One common broker for all brokered services: Cloud Service Broker for AWS decouples the service broker functionality from the catalog of services that it exposes.
- CredHub integration out-of-the-box: CredHub encrypts and manages all the secrets associated with your usage of cloud services.
- Community: When you expose a service through a brokerpak, you can make it available to everyone who uses Cloud Service Broker for AWS and vice versa. For more information, see the Brokerpak GitHub repository.
- Service migration through Terraform: Easily migrate existing services through the import feature in Terraform. For more information, see the Terraform documentation.
The following table provides version and version-support information about Cloud Service Broker for AWS.
|Release date||November 18, 2020|
|Software component version||1.0|
|Compatible Ops Manager versions||2.7 and later|
|Compatible VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs version||2.7 and later|
|Compatible VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs [Windows] version||2.7 and later|
Cloud Service Broker for AWS has the following requirements:
- Access to the AWS Management Console.
- VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs (TAS for VMs) installed on your platform of choice.
Cloud Service Broker for AWS has the following limitations:
- Currently the broker can only be extended to additional IaaS or services by pulling the broker from GitHub. The tiles do not support custom brokerpaks at this time.
- Currently the broker does not support cross-IaaS provisioning of service instances.
If you have a feature request, questions, or information about an issue, please open an issue on the cloud-service-broker GitHub repository or post in the #cloud-service-broker-beta Cloud Foundry Slack channel.