Deploying TAS for VMs to VCF
Page last updated:
Warning: VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs (TAS for VMs) v2.9 is no longer supported because it has reached the End of General Support (EOGS) phase as defined by the Support Lifecycle Policy. To stay up to date with the latest software and security updates, upgrade to a supported version.
This topic describes how to install VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs (TAS for VMs) to VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF).
VCF is the hybrid cloud platform for managing VMs and orchestrating containers. You can install and configure Ops Manager and VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs (TAS for VMs) after launching the vSphere client through VCF.
Before deploying TAS for VMs on VCF:
- Provision a VI workload domain on a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). See About VI Workload Domains.
- Download Ops Manager for vSphere from VMware Tanzu Network.
- Download TAS for VMs from VMware Tanzu Network.
- Install the govc CLI to your local workstation or jump host. See govmomi on GitHub.
To prepare VCF before you install TAS for VMs:
Collect your vCenter information:
- In SDDC Manager, select Workload Domains.
- Select the VI domain where you want to install Ops Manager and TAS for VMs.
- Select the cluster where you want to install Ops Manager and TAS for VMs.
- From the Actions menu, select Open in vSphere Client.
If you are using NSX-T, select Workload Domains and select the Summary tab. Record the IP address listed for NSX Manager IP Address.
After you complete the procedures in this topic, continue to Installing Ops Manager on vSphere.
After you configure Ops Manager, you can install and configure TAS for VMs.