Page last updated:
This guide provides instructions for deploying, running, and managing apps and services with VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs (TAS for VMs).
Note: To learn app deployment concepts, see the Getting Started with VMware Tanzu Application Service tutorial on the VMware Tanzu website.
Developing, running, and managing apps on TAS for VMs may include:
- Deploying and scaling apps with diverse languages, frameworks, and dependencies
- Finding software services in the services marketplace, such as databases, email, or message servers
- Creating your own TAS for VMs service based on an external server
- Creating service instances and binding them to your apps
- Streaming app logs to an external log management service
- Troubleshooting app deployment and health
If you do these things, you are a TAS for VMs developer, and the contents of this guide are for you.
Considerations for Designing and Running an App in the Cloud: Some considerations you should keep in mind when designing and running an app through TAS for VMs.
Ops Manager Dev: A lightweight TAS for VMs that runs on your workstation, for developing apps locally.
cf push: How to use
cf pushand troubleshoot when running
- Pushing an App
- Deploying with App Manifests
- App Manifest Attribute Reference
- Deploying an App with Docker
- Deploying a Large App
- Starting, Restarting, and Restaging Apps
- Pushing an App with Multiple Processes
- Running cf push Sub-Step Commands
- Rolling App Deployments
- Pushing Apps with Sidecar Processes
- Using Blue-Green Deployment to Reduce Downtime and Risk
- Troubleshooting App Deployment and Health
Routes and Domains: How to configure routes and domains.
Managing Apps with the cf CLI: How to manage apps through the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI).
Managing Services: How to use software services from your apps.
- Services Overview
- Managing Service Instances with the cf CLI
- Sharing Service Instances
- Delivering Service Credentials to an App
- Managing Service Keys
- Managing App Requests with Route Services
- Configuring Play Framework Service Connections
- Using an External Filesystem (Volume Services)
- User-Provided Service Instances
Streaming App Logs: How to stream app logs to third-party log management services.
SSH for Apps and Services: How to configure and use SSH access to apps and services.
TAS for VMs Environment Variables: The environment variables that the TAS for VMs runtime and buildpacks set for a deployed app.
Cloud Controller API Client Libraries: Libraries for calling the Cloud Controller, the executive component of TAS for VMs, programmatically.