- Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Elastic Runtime and Ops Mgr)
- MySQL for PCF
- SSL Certificate (for over-the-air installation of iOS apps)
- SMTP provider (for sending build notification emails)
- S3-compatible object store API (for storing release information, including application binary files)
NOTE: A typical enterprise deployment will require two application instances (AIs)
Installing via Ops Manager
To install the PCF App Distribution tile in Ops Manager, please follow the steps listed below:
Download the product file from Pivotal Network
Upload the product file to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard (via the ‘Import a Product’ button).
Click Add next to the uploaded product description in the Available Products view to add this product to your staging area.
Click on the newly added tile to enter the required Tile Configuration settings as shown below.
Click Apply Changes to install the product.
Ops Manager settings
From step 4 above, go to the 'Settings’ Tab after clicking on the App Distribution tile and update the following configuration settings
Required field values:
- 'From Email’ - this is the email address that will be used to send releases
- SMTP server address
- SMTP server port number
- HELO domain (from which emails will be sent)
- SMTP server credentials (login & password)
- Select your authentication method (plain, login, or cram_md5).
Click Save to store the SMTP settings.
Required field values:
- Bucket name
- Access Key
- Secret Key
Select the MySQL Database to be used - PCF MySQL or an External MySQL service (PCF MySQL is the default setting)
If PCF MySQL is used then enter the appropriate service plan (typically '100mb-dev’)
If an external MySQL service is to be used then enter the following settings
- MySQL Host
- MySQL Port
- MySQL Username
- MySQL Password
- MySQL Database
Backup and Restore MySQL
If MySQL for PCF is being used, follow these instructions to backup and restore the database
Provision a service instance for App Distribution
- Log into the PCF console
- In the system org, go to the 'app-distribution’ space
- Click on the 'Add Service’ button:
- Select 'App Distribution’ from the Services Marketplace
- Select the 'development’ plan (provisions a single App Distribution instance)
- On the next screen (configure instance), enter the following:
- Instance name: Enter a value (i.e. 'App Distribution’)
- Add to space: 'app distribution’
- Bind to App: 'do not bind’
- Click 'Add’. The browser will then redirect back to the PCF console page showing the newly provisioned service instance
- Click Manage under the instance name to access the App Distribution portal.
- Click the 'sign in with Pivotal Cloud Foundry’ link and enter the UAA admin credentials (found by accessing the Elastic Runtime tile’s credentials tab under the 'UAA’ section)
- Upon successful login, the home page should appear as shown below:
- Refer to the User Guide for instructions on how to add users and create an app build release.