Changing the Port Used by Anti-Virus and Anti-Virus Mirror
Note: Pivotal Platform is now part of VMware Tanzu. In v2.2 and later, Pivotal Anti-Virus is named Anti-Virus for VMware Tanzu.
Page last updated:
This topic describes how to change the port used by Anti-Virus for VMware Tanzu and Anti-Virus Mirror for VMware Tanzu.
If you are upgrading from Anti-Virus v2.0 and you use Anti-Virus Mirror for VMware Tanzu, you might need to follow the procedure in this topic. For more information about whether to follow this procedure, see Configuring the Mirror Port.
If you are not using the Anti-Virus Mirror tile, you can configure
your existing mirror by specifying a
HOST:PORT in the Anti-Virus tile.
For more information, see Configure Anti-Virus.
Anti-Virus Mirror uses mutual TLS (mTLS). The port used by Anti-Virus Mirror and Anti-Virus must be the same. If the port number configured in both tiles is not the same, Anti-Virus database updates and deployments fail.
To change the port used by Anti-Virus and Anti-Virus Mirror you must:
- Change the Port in the Anti-Virus Mirror Tile
- Change the Port in the Anti-Virus Tile
- Exclude Anti-Virus Mirror during Apply Changes
- Remove the Exclusion
To change the port number in the Anti-Virus Mirror tile:
- Navigate to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click the Anti-Virus Mirror for VMware Tanzu tile.
- Click Anti-Virus Mirror Configuration.
Enter a port number into Anti-Virus Mirror Port. The default value is
Return to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard.
To change the port number in the Anti-Virus tile:
- Navigate to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click the Anti-Virus for VMware Tanzu tile.
- Click Anti-Virus Configuration.
- Under Mirror for Automatic Database Updates, ensure that Deployed mirror from the Anti-Virus Mirror for VMware Tanzu Tile is selected.
Enter the same port number you entered in the above step into Anti-Virus Mirror Port.
When changing ports for the Anti-Virus and Anti-Virus Mirror tiles,
you need to exclude the
antivirus-mirror instance group from the Anti-Virus
deployment during the first Apply Changes for the Anti-Virus port.
antivirus-mirror instance group ensures that Anti-Virus is not deployed on the
mirror while the ports are being changed.
After the first Apply Changes is complete, you remove the exclusion and Apply Changes again, this time for the entire foundation.
To exclude the instance group and complete the port changes:
- In the Anti-Virus for VMware Tanzu tile, click Anti-Virus Configuration.
antivirus-mirrorinstance group by adding it to List of instance group names that will be excluded from deployment.
Return to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Review Pending Changes.
Unselect all products except BOSH Director, Anti-Virus, and Anti-Virus Mirror.
Click Apply Changes.
To remove the
- When the Apply Changes is complete, return to the Anti-Virus for VMware Tanzu tile.
- Remove the
antivirus-mirrorexclusion added above.
- Return to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Review Pending Changes.
- Ensure all product are selected.
- Click Apply Changes.