Redis for Pivotal Cloud Foundry
This is documentation for the Redis service for Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
Install via Pivotal Operations Manager
To install Redis for PCF, follow the procedure for installing Pivotal Ops Manager tiles:
- Download the product file from Pivotal Network.
- Upload the product file to your Ops Manager installation.
- Click Add next to the uploaded product description in the Available Products view to add this product to your staging area.
- Click the newly added tile to review any configurable options.
- Click Apply Changes to install the service.
This product requires Pivotal Cloud Foundry:
- Elastic Runtime version 1.2 or greater
- Ops Manager version 1.3 or greater
There are two available plans:
|Plan Name||Suitable for||Tenancy Model per Instance||Highly Available||Backup Functionality|
|Shared-VM||Development and testing workloads||Shared VM||No||No|
|Dedicated-VM||Production workloads||Dedicated VM||No||No|
Provisioning and Binding via Cloud Foundry
Once you have installed the product, it automatically registers itself with your Elastic Runtime. At this point, the product is available to your application developers, either in the Marketplace in the web based console, or via
cf marketplace. They can add, provision, and bind the service to their applications like any other CF service:
$ cf create-service p-redis shared-vm redis $ cf bind-service my-application redis $ cf restart my-application
To help your application developers get started with Redis for PCF, we have provided an example application, which can be downloaded here.
Please provide any bugs, feature requests, or questions to the Pivotal Cloud Foundry Feedback list.
This product is based on Redis version 2.8.19.