Managing Apps and Service Instances Using Apps Manager
Page last updated:
This topic discusses how to view and manage apps and service instances associated with a space using Apps Manager.
To perform the following steps, log in to Apps Manager with an account that has adequate permissions. See the Understanding Permissions topic for more information.
On the space page, click the app you want to manage. This directs you to the app page, where you can scale apps, bind apps to services, manage environment variables and routes, view logs and usage information, start and stop apps, and delete apps.
Note: You can configure your app to scale automatically based on rules that you set. See the Scaling an Application Using Autoscaler topic for more information.
- Under Scaling, adjust the number of Instances, the Memory Limit, and the Disk Limit as desired.
- Click Scale App.
- Click Services.
- To bind your app to a service, click Bind a Service.
- To bind your app to an an existing service instance, choose the service instance from the dropdown menu, and click Bind. To bind your app to a new service instance, click Go to the Marketplace to choose a service from the Marketplace.
- To unbind your app from a service instance, locate the service instance in the Bound Services list and click the three-dot icon on the far right. Select Unbind from the dropdown menu.
- Click Env Variables.
- The page displays both the User Provided Environment Variables and System Provided Environment Variables environment variables associated with the app.
- To add a user-provided environment variable, enter the Name and Value and click Save.
Note: Changes to environment variables, as well as to service bindings and unbindings, require restarting the app to take effect. You can restart the app from the Apps Manager or with
cf restage from the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI).
- Click Routes.
- The page displays the routes associated with the app. To add a new route, click Map a Route.
- Enter the route and click Map.
- To unmap a route, locate the route from the list and click the red
x. Click Unmap in the pop-up to confirm.
- Click Logs to view the logs for the app.
- Click the play button to view a live version of the logs.
- To stop an app, click the stop button next to the name of the app. Click Stop in the pop-up to confirm.
- To restart a stopped app, click the play button next to the name of the app.
- To restart a running app, click the restart button next to the name of the app. Click Restart in the pop-up to confirm.
- Click Settings.
- Edit the Name.
- Click Save changes.
- Click Settings.
- Click Delete App.
- Click Delete App in the pop-up to confirm.
On the space page, click Services, then click the service instance you want to manage. This directs you to the service instance page, where you can bind or unbind apps, view or change your service plan, and rename or delete your service instance.
Click Edit Bindings.
Select the checkbox for the apps you want to bind to or unbind from your service instance.
Review your current plan information.
To change your plan, select a new plan from the list and click Select this plan.
Note: Not all services support upgrading. If your service does not support upgrading, the service plan page only displays the selected plan.
To change the service instance name, enter your new name and click Save changes.
To delete the service instance, click Delete Service Instance.