Enabling NFS Volume Services
This topic describes how Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) operators can deploy NFS volume services.
A volume service gives apps access to an ephemeral filesystem, such as NFS. By performing the procedures in this topic, operators can add a volume service to the Marketplace that provides an NFSv3 filesystem.
Developers can then use the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI) to create service instances of the volume service and bind them to their apps. For more information, see the Using an External File System (Volume Services) topic.
To enable NFS volume services in PCF, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard.
- Click the Elastic Runtime tile.
- Click Advanced Features.
- Under Enabling NFSv3 volume services, select Enable.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Apply Changes to redeploy.
- Using the cf CLI, enable access to the service:
$ cf enable-service-access nfsTo limit access to a specific org, use the
-oflag, followed by the name of the org where you want to enable access. For more information, see the Access Control topic.
After completing these steps, developers can use the cf CLI to create service instances of the
nfs service and bind them to their apps.