LATEST VERSION: 1.10 - CHANGELOG
Monitoring Pivotal Cloud Foundry
This guide describes how Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) operators can monitor their deployments.
In This Guide
This guide includes the following topics:
- Key Performance Indicators: A list of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that operators may want to monitor with their PCF deployment to help ensure it is in a good operational state.
- Key Capacity Scaling Indicators: A list of capacity scaling indicators that operators may want to monitor to determine when they need to scale their PCF deployments.
- Configuring a Monitoring System: Guidance for setting up PCF with third-party monitoring platforms to continuously monitor system metrics and trigger health alerts.
See the following topics for information about logging and metrics in PCF:
- Configuring System Logging in Elastic Runtime: This topic explains how to configure the PCF Loggregator system to scale its maximum throughput, and to forward logs to an external aggregator service.
- Logging and Metrics: A guide to Loggregator, the next generation system for aggregating and streaming logs and metrics from all of the user apps and system components in Elastic Runtime.