Pivotal Cloud Foundry Healthwatch (Beta)
IMPORTANT: The Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Healthwatch tile is currently in beta and is intended for evaluation and test purposes only. Do not use this product in a PCF production environment.
This documentation describes Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Healthwatch.
PCF Healthwatch is a service for monitoring the current health, performance, and capacity of PCF. To help operators understand the operational state of their PCF deployment, PCF Healthwatch:
- Stores and visualizes metrics from core PCF components, including BOSH-reported VM metrics. The service covers the recommended Key Performance Indicators and Key Scaling Indicators for a given version of PCF.
- Executes health checks as continuous validation tests and creates super metrics. The service stores, displays, and forwards this data into the Loggregator Firehose for external consumption by existing customer solutions. For more information, see PCF Healthwatch Metrics and Access Super Metrics Through the Firehose.
All data points are stored in PCF Healthwatch for 25 hours and then pruned.
The following table provides version and version-support information about PCF Healthwatch.
|Release date||October 26, 2017|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v1.11.x, v1.12.x|
|Compatible Elastic Runtime version(s)||v1.11.9 or later, v1.12.x|
|IaaS support||AWS, GCP, and vSphere|
- PCF Healthwatch does not cover the recently recommended MySQL KPIs for PCF v1.12.
- PCF Healthwatch does not cover monitoring of Isolation Segments.
- PCF Healthwatch is intended to monitor only the PCF foundation it is installed on.
- Currently, only the Google Chrome browser is supported when accessing the service UI.
- If an alpha version of PCF Healthwatch is installed, it must be deleted before proceeding with the installation of the beta tile.
Please provide any bugs, feature requests, or questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is distributed under the Pivotal Pre-Release EULA license.