Pivotal Cloud Foundry Log Search
Note: The PCF Log Search tile replaces stayUp.io ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) for Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
This documentation is for the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Log Search tile.
PCF Operators can use the PCF Log Search tile to analyze logs from different tiles and components running in the same PCF environment. It is not intended to be a general purpose log analysis system, or to centralize logs from multiple PCF Foundations.
PCF Log Search is based on the Elastic ELK stack, with customization to receive, parse, and standardize data from other tiles. Operators use the Kibana component of PCF Log Search to find and visualize system data.
PCF Log Search can also selectively forward this data to other log analysis systems.
- Current PCF Log Search details:
- Version: v1.0.4
- Release Date: November 23, 2016
- Software component version: Elasticsearch 2.3.5, Logstash 2.3.3, Kibana 4.5.3, Redis 3.2.0
- Compatible Ops Manager Version(s): 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
- Compatible Elastic Runtime Version(s): 1.7.16 or later, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
- vSphere support? Yes
- AWS support? Yes
See the following topics for details about installing, scaling, and using PCF Log Search:
- Installing PCF Log Search
- Scaling PCF Log Search
- Using PCF Log Search
- PCF Log Search Tags Dictionary
- PCF Log Search Application Security Groups
- Troubleshooting PCF Log Search
- Release Notes
See the following Elastic documentation about each component of the ELK stack:
- Elastic Elasticsearch 2.3 Documentation
- Elastic Logstash 2.3 Documentation
- Elastic Kibana 4.5 Documentation