DataStax Enterprise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry
This is documentation for the DataStax Enterprise service for Pivotal Cloud Foundry, which provides a Cassandra key-value and table store.
Note: This product is no longer being maintained or updated with new versions. If you require access to an older version of the product please contact Pivotal Support.
- Current DataStax Enterprise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry Details
- Version: 1.3.8
- Release Date: 11th November 2015
- Software component version: DataStax Enterprise 4.5
- Compatible Ops Manager Version(s): 1.6.x, 1.5.x, 1.4.x
- Compatible Elastic Runtime Version(s): 1.6.x, 1.5.x, 1.4.x
- vSphere support? Yes
- AWS support? Yes
- OpenStack support? Yes
Upgrading to the Latest Version
Consider the following compatibility information before upgrading DataStax Enterprise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
Note: Before you upgrade to Ops Manager 1.4.x, you must first upgrade DataStax Enterprise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry to any version in its 1.3.x minor release, below 1.3.5. This allows DataStax Enterprise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry upgrades after you install OpsManager 1.4.x.
For more information, refer to the full Product Compatibility Matrix.
|Ops Manager Version||Supported Upgrades from Imported DataStax Enterprise Installation|
|1.6.x, 1.5.x and 1.4.x||
Install via Pivotal Operations Manager
To install DataStax Enterprise for PCF, follow the procedure for installing Pivotal Ops Manager tiles:
- Download the product file from Pivotal Network.
- Upload the product file to your Ops Manager installation.
- Click Add next to the uploaded product description in the Available Products view to add this product to your staging area.
- Click the newly added tile to review any configurable options.
- Click Apply Changes to install the service.
There is one available plan:
|Plan Name||Suitable for||Tenancy Model per Instance||Highly Available||Backup Functionality|
|Development||Development and testing workloads||Shared Cluster||Yes||No|
Provisioning and Binding via Cloud Foundry
Once you have installed the product, it automatically registers itself with your Elastic Runtime. At this point, the product is available to your application developers, either in the Marketplace in the web based console, or via
cf marketplace. They can add, provision, and bind the service to their applications like any other CF service:
$ cf create-service p-cassandra development datastax $ cf bind-service my-application datastax $ cf restart my-application
To help your application developers get started with DataStax Enterprise for PCF, we have provided an example application, which can be downloaded here.
DataStax recommends that you use one of their certified drivers in your application to connect to your instance.
Obtain a licence to use DataStax Enterprise directly from DataStax
Please provide any bugs, feature requests, or questions to the Pivotal Cloud Foundry Feedback list.