Create & Release Builds
Note: Users can now use APIs for build automation (curl command to create a build, upload a file, release a build, etc.). Please reference this link for more information.
Create a project and add users to the project team
- Click New Project. (i.e. setting up a new App project page from which the release will be sent)
- Add Project Name, Client Name, Platform, Description, and project mailing list.
- Add Pivotal Tracker and Token (if Tracker has been installed).
- Add Users to the project and assign a role as described below:
- Administrator - Can add users to a project, create releases
- Member - Can create builds to send to QA and clients. Can also receive QA builds
- Viewer - Can only view releases that have been approved by QA and released to the project team
Create & Release a build to QA
- Click add phase and enter a phase name.
- Click new build link.
- Select the phase name from the drop down menu.
- Click browse files to upload the appropriate mobile app binary file.
- If testing a mobile web app, enter the URL and a label name (i.e url shortcut).
- Click add to upload any additional files or urls (for testing, documentation, etc.).
- In the QA Release Notes section, enter values for the required fields (indicated by ’*’).
- Click Save at bottom right.
- Click Submit for Testing.
- Include project team members who will receive the build (sent via email).
- Click Release.
- Verify that the ‘Pass’ and 'Fail’ buttons are displayed.
Install App as a QA tester
- Access the build release email from the appropriate mobile device (note that installing over the air is available only for iOS and Android devices).
- In the build release email message, click Install Build. This opens the Safari browser and displays the login page for the app distribution instance.
- Upon successful login, the build page displays.
- Click Install next to the appropriate build file.
- The build file should then successfully download to the mobile device.
- Once the build has passed testing, click Pass.
- Verify that the 'Share Release’ button is displayed.
Release build to project team
- Add App files.
- Add Release notes.
- Click Share Release.
- The project mailing list is selected by default. Select any additional team members if needed.
- Click Release.
- Selected project team members and anyone on the mailing list will receive the release email.